Timer and counter relationships
The above timers and counters are related to each other and to others in RFC 2236 by the following formula:
- Last Member Query Count = Robustness Variable
- Default Timeout Interval = (Robustness Variable * Default Query Interval) + one Query Response Interval in seconds
- Startup Query Count = Robustness Variable
- The Startup Query Count is the number of General Queries that the Querier sends when it starts up.
- Other Querier Timeout = (Robustness Variable * Default Query Interval) + (Query Response Interval in seconds/2)
- The Other Querier Timeout is the length of time that a potential Querier waits after receiving a Query before it assumes that it should become the Querier.